Eng. School Internship project:
SRAM-PUF data collection
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Within a research project at Intrinsic ID we are looking for a motivated student (Electrical Engineering), who is ready to start his/her graduation project for the Eng. School degree.
The goal of this project is building a test setup to read out Physical Unclonable Functions (PUFs) based on SRAM from a number of ICs. PUFs can be seen as “biometrics of a device” or a device specific fingerprint. Variations during manufacturing lead to unique characteristics on ICs. Since the variations are uncontrollable, these characteristics are unclonable. Intrinsic ID is building up a database of SRAM-PUF data from all kinds of devices and ICs available.
For a specific set of ICs that come with their own test PCB, a working measurement setup needs to be created that enables us to readout the SRAM startup values via a PC.This is done by connecting an FPGA development board and using its IO pins to connect to the test PCB. The FPGA board provides a UART to the PC from which data can be collected. The goal is to create a test setup that can be used for reliability testing the SRAM-PUF behavior (temperature, voltage, ageing). A method for automated testing needs to be developed that includes the possibility to automatically repower the device in between of measurements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Creating an FPGA design to interface with the test PCB;
- Create software for the PC to communicate with the FPGA development board;
- Planning out the wiring loom to connect the FPGA development board to the test PCB;
- Soldering the wiring loom to connectors to fit both boards and survive ageing tests;
- Automating measurements including repowering the boards between measurements;
- Measurement execution and data collection;
- Writing documentation.
Required experience and appreciated qualities
- Student (Electrical Engineering), Bsc phase of Engineering School education;
- Experience with development in VHDL is required;
- Good soldering skills are required;
- Experience with Python is desired;
- Knowledge of Xilinx FPGA tools is desired;
- Knowledge of communication protocols with instruments is a pre.
About Intrinsic ID
Intrinsic ID is a high tech security company that spun out from Philips. We develop, market and sell truly unique security products based on the unique silicon fingerprint of a chip. As a leader in this field we provide the root of trust, authentication and key management solutions to blue chip semiconductor companies and OEMs in the mobile, IoT, embedded and government markets. Our headquarters are in Silicon Valley but our R&D office is in Eindhoven (The Netherlands). Currently we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help us grow our company and further expand our product portfolio to provide ubiquitous security for the connected world.
Intrinsic ID B.V.
High Tech Campus 9
5656 AE Eindhoven