About Intrinsic ID
Intrinsic ID is the world’s leading provider of security IP for embedded systems based on physical unclonable function or PUF technology. The technology provides an additional level of hardware security utilizing the inherent uniqueness in each and every silicon chip. The IP can be delivered in hardware or software and can be applied easily to almost any chip – from tiny microcontrollers to high-performance FPGAs – and at any stage of a product’s lifecycle. It is used as a hardware root of trust to validate payment systems, secure connectivity, authenticate sensors, and protect sensitive government and military data and systems. Intrinsic ID security has been deployed and proven in millions of devices certified by EMVCo, Visa, CC EAL6+, PSA, ioXt, and governments across the globe.
As a Research Manager you take responsibility for setting up and managing research-oriented projects inside the Intrinsic ID R&D team. These research projects are focused on investigating novel approaches to embedded security, in particular around the use and improvement of Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) technology. You get in contact and collaborate with external parties (universities and companies) to participate in national and European funding programmes in order to fund research activities inside Intrinsic ID.
- Actively explore and pursue opportunities within national and European research funding programmes
- Build and manage relations with universities and companies related to application for European subsidy projects
- Contribute to writing proposals and formation of consortia for subsidy projects
- Act as the main contact person on behalf of Intrinsic ID towards project consortia
- Lead work packages for funded projects
- Contribute to work packages and milestones within your field of expertise
- Management of internal research projects aimed at product development
- Planning, status tracking and reporting of project status
Required experience and skills
- Master/PhD degree with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with setting up and managing research and/or technical projects
- Experience with procuring, managing and contributing to subsidy projects within national and European frameworks such as Horizon2020 / Horizon Europe, …
- Understanding of embedded security and/or cryptography
- Excellent oral and written English
Nice to haves
- Affinity with embedded security and cryptography
- Affinity with FPGA and/or embedded software development
Mindset and Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an open mind
- Good organizational skills
At Intrinsic ID, you will work in a multi-cultural and technically challenging environment. Since Intrinsic ID is present in three geographies, occasional overseas travel is part of the job.
Unsolicited services or offers from recruitment agencies or intermediaries will not be responded to.
Why Eindhoven ?
Are you a local ? If not, there’s a chance you may never have heard of Eindhoven. That’s ok, it was also the case for many of our foreign employees. Yet, we believe it deserves your attention, and here’s why:
Eindhoven is in the heart of Europe’s most innovative technology region. It the home of many high-tech companies, from multinationals to start-ups. Those companies, together with world-class research institutions, form a vibrant innovation ecosystem.
Besides, in 2018 Numbeo ranked Eindhoven the world’s third best city for quality of life. The Netherlands is also regularly cited in many rankings as one of the best countries in the world for its work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com