About Intrinsic ID
Intrinsic ID is the world’s leading digital authentication company, providing the Internet of Things with hardware-based root-of-trust security via unclonable identities for any IoT-connected device. Based on Intrinsic ID’s patented SRAM PUF technology, the company’s security solutions can be implemented in hardware or software. Intrinsic ID security, which can be deployed at any stage of a product’s lifecycle, is used to validate payment systems, secure connectivity, authenticate sensors, and protect sensitive government and military systems. Intrinsic ID technology has been deployed in more than 350 million devices. Award recognition includes the Frost & Sullivan Technology Leadership Award and the EU Innovation Radar Prize. Intrinsic ID security has been proven in millions of devices certified by Common Criteria, EMVCo, Visa and multiple governments. Intrinsic ID’s mission: “Authenticate Everything.” Visit Intrinsic ID online at www.Intrinsic-ID.com
As a Research Manager you take responsibility for setting up and managing research-oriented projects inside the Intrinsic ID R&D team. These research projects are focused on investigating novel approaches to embedded security, in particular around the use and improvement of Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) technology. You get in contact and collaborate with external parties (universities and companies) to participate in national and European funding programmes in order to fund research activities inside Intrinsic ID.
- Actively explore and pursue opportunities within national and European research funding programmes
- Build and manage relations with universities and companies related to application for European subsidy projects
- Contribute to writing proposals and formation of consortia for subsidy projects
- Act as the main contact person on behalf of Intrinsic ID towards project consortia
- Lead work packages for funded projects
- Contribute to work packages and milestones within your field of expertise
- Management of internal research projects aimed at product development
- Planning, status tracking and reporting of project status
Required experience and skills
- Master/PhD degree with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with setting up and managing research and/or technical projects
- Experience with procuring, managing and contributing to subsidy projects within national and European frameworks such as Horizon2020 / Horizon Europe, …
- Understanding of embedded security and/or cryptography
- Excellent oral and written English
Nice to haves
- Affinity with embedded security and cryptography
- Affinity with FPGA and/or embedded software development
Mindset and Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an open mind
- Good organizational skills
At Intrinsic ID, you will work in a multi-cultural and technically challenging environment. Since Intrinsic ID is present in three geographies, occasional overseas travel is part of the job.
Why Eindhoven ?
Are you a local ? If not, there’s a chance you may never have heard of Eindhoven. That’s ok, it was also the case for many of our foreign employees. Yet, we believe it deserves your attention, and here’s why:
Eindhoven is in the heart of Europe’s most innovative technology region. It the home of many high-tech companies, from multinationals to start-ups. Those companies, together with world-class research institutions, form a vibrant innovation ecosystem.
Our R&D is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, one of Europe’s top tech hubs. The HTCE is home of 235 high tech companies and 12500 smart people.
Besides, in 2018 Numbeo ranked Eindhoven the world’s third best city for quality of life. The Netherlands is also regularly cited in many rankings as one of the best countries in the world for its work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our PUF CAFE